Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Book 65: Orange is the New Black

I decided to try this book out, even though I was a little put off by the fact that there is a Netflix series by the same name (and somewhat based on the book).

Cover of 'Orange Is The New Black'

I found it a really interesting examination of how our actions affect others, how people change and grow (or don't), how very different women build a community, and how the penal system sometimes makes no sense at all. There's some deep thought in the book, as well as interesting characters of all types.

After reading, I gave the Netflix series a couple of minutes to see if it was as good. Um, no. Definitely not my kind of viewing. A memoir cannot easily be made into a popular TV show--at least not one that I would want to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment