Monday, November 4, 2013

Book 64: Alignment Matters

You might have heard me talk about minimal shoes or body alignment. If you know me in person, you have probably noticed my footwear over the last year and a half!














This is the "why" of it all:


Thumb-Alignment-Matters-SM

This book is taken from Katy's blog, Katy Says. I have read most of Katy's blog before, but reading it in all in a few sittings, organized by topic, made a lot of things clearer than they had been before, and motivated me to keep working on my body. There is much, much more I should be doing, but what I have been doing has kept me feeling really great during this unusual pregnancy I'm having. My back and hips feel better than I did throughout my last pregnancy, which is a small miracle, considering that I am 3 years older and am carrying two babies instead of one. Yes, that's right: I am pregnant with twins.

I really think almost everyone I know could benefit from Katy's work. There's a bad alignment epidemic out there, folks: people thrusting their ribs, tucking their pelves, lumbering instead of walking, and suffering from foot, hip, knee, back, neck, and shoulder pain.

2 comments: