Monday, September 10, 2012

Book 58: Year of Wonders

I've read (listened to) two other books by Geraldine Brooks this year, and they were both very good, so I jumped at the chance to listen to this one.

Year of Wonders

I loved most of it. The writing was lovely and the story was very interesting.

But the ending was unsatisfying and didn't seem to fit the rest of the story or the time period. There, have I ruined it for any of you who might have wanted to read it now? I'm still kind of mad that it ended the way it did. Grrr.

2 comments:

  1. True confession - I kind of thought the ending was crazy fun. Like all of the sudden a telenovella - can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you felt the exact same way I did! The book was going so well and then craziness at the end. I was so confused and annoyed by the ending.

    ReplyDelete