Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book 26: Drop Dead Healthy

You know you're weird when nearly half of what you do anyway is written about by an "experiential journalist", and a lot of the rest doesn't really sound that far-fetched.



It was very, very funny. I laughed a lot, and saw myself in many of the descriptions. Highlights were the caveman workout and the description of caveman Vlad, and the section on raw food.

There were a few things that were a little out-there: squatting platforms for your toilet (though let's be honest--I have considered one), noise canceling headphones that you wear *all the time*, hand exercises, spice-smelling practice, and wearing a helmet while walking.

Overall, I feel renewed motivation to buy organic versions of the Dirty Dozen fruits and vegetables, especially for my kids, and use my standing workstation more often.

1 comment:

  1. I saw an interview with the author a couple of weeks ago and thought of you. And, I've always admired you for embracing your weirdness. I think this is going to be my next book to read.

    ReplyDelete