Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book 2: Water Witches

I haven't been reading a lot of fiction in, oh, the last . . . ahem . . . 15 years. This year I'm challenging myself to read a bit more fiction, but I admit that I'm not enjoying it that much--yet.

The water-witching elements were really interesting to me, but it didn't go into a lot of depth--but I realize that that would have been beyond the scope of the book. The rest of the story is an interesting drama about the environment and how we use our resources, so right up my alley.


This book was quite good: the characters were interesting, the writing was quite good, the plot was pretty interesting, too. But I feel a little bit empty afterward--like I have come away without really knowing anything new. This fiction business may take me a while to get used to.

1 comment:

  1. My approach to fiction...read it to take a break from your real life. Don't try to learn anything or gain anything except a few moments of not thinking about the pile of laundry that needs to be done. You'll come to appreciate it after a while.

    P.S. I loved Midwives and I bet I'll like this one, too. How was the language and such? PG 13 or cleaner?

    ReplyDelete