Saturday, July 7, 2012

Book 42: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

We have a winner, folks--for the worst book of 2012 so far!

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet cover.jpg

This book raised my ire from the second chapter in, when a glaring anachronism made its appearance (I have heard it was fixed in later editions, though). The characters did things that didn't make sense, too much was explained and reexplained, and overall, the writing wasn't at all to my taste. There were far, far too many similes. On the bright side, the narration of the audio book was very good.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to hear what this glaring anachronism was - but I read this book so fast if it was still present in my edition - I didn't even catch it. But I will say this - why on earth was Henry at 12 and 13 behaving as if he was 25? I didn't buy it on a lot of levels. I kind of am surprised that this book is so widely popular - it wasn't well written and oh man I just really hustled through it and it wasn't hard - since he kept explaining things over and over and over and over and over again. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete