Saturday, June 23, 2012

Book 37: French Kids Eat Everything

There seems to be some Francophilia going around these days. French parenting is better, French women don't get fat, and French kids happily eat beet salad.



I haven't read about French women avoiding weight gain, and I found the French parenting book a bit annoying, but I'm sold on this one.

I picked up some new phrases from it that I've been putting to use:
  • To discourage snacking and help kids (and adults!) live with a bit of hunger between meals: "It's ok to be hungry. Our next meal is in ____ hours. You will really enjoy it!"
  • To encourage trying new things: "You don't have to like it; you just have to taste it."
The book includes tips for making the French rules of family eating work even if you're not living in France, and also has the cutest little cartoon drawings of the author and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment