Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book 17: Bringing Up Bébé

When I started reading this, I wasn't sure I liked it. But all in all, it was a good read.



Pamela Druckerman makes it sound like virtually all U.S. pregnant women are obsessing over the contents of What to Expect When You're Expecting and fretting over posts on BabyCenter. And there seemed to be a few holes in her research about U.S. research into baby sleep patterns; contrary to what she implies, there is scientific information available to us here, since I have read some of it in my extensive library of baby sleep books.

A lot of the French parenting techniques that Druckerman mentions seem to me to really be "well, duh" techniques. Also, the idea that babies eat only four times a day at prescribed times is also straight out of the American parenting book Babywise.

I do very much like the idea of teaching kids to appreciate good food. That is something we could definitely improve in our household. And what's not to love about subsidized, quality child care and preschools?

No comments:

Post a Comment