Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Where I might start in January

Oh, it's so hard to commit to exactly what I want to start reading for January! I'm going to make myself feel better by saying that I reserve the right to change my mind *at any moment* and pick up something different.

So here goes:
  • Water Witches by Chris Bohjalian. A novel! What a concept. I haven't read a novel in a long time. Did you know that my mother is a (very) amateur dowser?
  • Mao by Jung Chang. This one will be fascinating, I know. I think it was a Christmas gift in 2005. It's about time I read it.
  • Walden by Henry David Thoreau. What? I've never read this?!? This is where I just shrug helplessly and say, "I'm Canadian."
  • Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. Another novel, but a Chinese-themed one. I bet I'll dig this one.
  • The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.

And we'll see what else!

2 comments:

  1. Nice list!! We have The Last Lecture and I haven't ever cracked it open. Walden is a must! It's been a LONG time, maybe that's a Feb. list one! ;) This is going to be fun~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Last Lecture. I have a copy, Catherine, if you don't. I need to work on my January list and make a plan! And would love to have a chat with you about Reviving Ophelia sometime....

    ReplyDelete