Monday, August 4, 2014

Book 29: 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think

For a while I felt like I was being handslapped by Laura Vanderkam about misusing my time. If Debra (a real person) can run a business full-time, mother six children, sleep eight hours a night, and still have time to take afternoon-long hikes with her large dog, why was I whining about not having time for my hobbies?




Nobody likes to be handslapped, but I came to see that Vanderkam really has a point. There are vast swaths of time in my life that are filled with pointless activities. For instance, I was horrified to consider how much time I spent online, accomplishing very little.

Vanderkam also suggests reviewing activities that are necessary, but don't necessarily need to be done by you, like laundry, grocery shopping, or even cooking. I think it's valuable to consider if certain default activities are really worthwhile personally, professionally, and financially. I won't be outsourcing our laundry, but I did find it helpful to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment