Sunday, May 26, 2013

Book 36: The Kitchen Counter Cooking School

If I weren't on the road right now, I'd be making some homemade vegetable broth.



Kathleen Flinn is a le Cordon Bleu graduate and she began giving a series of free classes to a group of volunteer home cooks (or home reconstitutors of dehydrated packaged foods) to increase their ability to cook quality whole foods.

Really, this stuff should all have been pretty obvious, but somehow I (and the volunteers) hadn't figured it out. Food tastes yucky? Maybe you need better-tasting ingredients, like real broth instead of a bouillon cube. Maybe iodized salt isn't very tasty and something else would taste better. Maybe you need to roast your veggies at a higher heat for a shorter amount of time!

I have gotten a bunch of great ideas of things to do to improve my cooking, and I actually want to give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment